Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required at time of booking.
- A booking confirmation and invoice will be sent to the hirer reflecting balances paid and balances due.
- The remaining balance must be paid 2 weeks before the hire period.
- The £500 insurance security deposit must be paid 2 weeks before the hire period.
- North Coast Motorhomes reserve the right to rent the motorhome described on the website, via phone or viewed in person, or any substitute motorhome subject to all of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- In the event of the hirer cancelling the booking prior to the hire period the following charges will apply:
- Up to 8 weeks = £250 booking deposit
- 4-6 weeks = 50% of hire cost
- 2-4 weeks = 75% of hire cost
- 0-2 weeks = 100% of hire cost
- Fully comprehensive insurance is included in the price of hire. This only covers drivers approved by North Coast Motorhomes.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to provide full information on any insurance claims (within the last 5 years), driving convictions or health restrictions prior to the hire period. Please note there may be insurance surcharges dependant on any of the above being applicable. Please also note that the insurance policy will be invalidated if the hirer or any driver misrepresents or withholds driving conviction or health restriction information.
- The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £500 per accident, reported incident or vehicle theft. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first £500 per claim. In the event of the theft of the motorhome, the hirer will be liable for the full cost of the motorhome. Once a theft has been reported to both North Coast Motorhomes and the police, a claim will be lodged with the insurer. The keys must be returned to North Coast Motorhomes directly by the hirer. If the keys are not returned directly to North Coast Motorhomes the insurer will not accept the claim and liability for the full cost of the motorhome will remain with the hirer. Should the insurer accept the claim and agrees to reimburse North Coast Motorhomes for the cost of the motorhome, the liability to the hirer will reduce to the first £500 of the claim (excess).
- In the event that charges, including damage repair and replacement, exceed the level of security deposit you will be charged the additional amount to cover this excess. This will be due immediately.
- The motorhome is insured for theft and damage to the Motorhome and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. We recommend you take out separate travel insurance.
- No insurance cover is offered for overhead damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damage therefore the hirer accepts fully liability for these which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess should that apply. Windscreens and /or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance and therefore are the full responsibility of the hirer.
- North Coast Motorhomes will be responsible should
damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as a
result of proven gross negligence on North Coast Motorhomes part i.e. our
actions or failure to act. North Coast Motorhomes will not be responsible
for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g. loss of profits or
opportunity. This is separate from the
vehicle insurance provided.
- The insurance security deposit will be returned to the hirer within a week after the end of the hire period providing that hirer(s) return the motorhome under the following conditions:
- With all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment in the same condition as when received
- Returned to the place and on the date and time specified, or sooner if demanded by North Coast Motorhomes
- Returned having used motorhome in a reasonable manner (See Motorhome Use)
4. MOTORHOME DAMAGE – INSURANCE COVER
- The motorhome is insured for damage to the motorhome and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the customer or their possessions
- The insurance does not cover overhead damage. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages
- The hirer will have to pay a £500 excess for any insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess per claim, not per rental
- Insurance cover will be invalid if you breach any of the terms of this agreement. In that case the hirer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage caused
- Damage caused through gross negligence will not be covered by the insurance. In this case the hirer will be responsible for all costs incurred
For insurance purposes all drivers must be between the ages of 25 and 70. They must have held a full licence for a minimum of 3 years. Drivers must have no more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
All drivers must be present at time of collection and produce the following documentation:
- Driving licence
- 1 (or more) utility bill from the list below, showing the same address as your driving licence. They must be no more than 90 days old at the start of the hire period
- Gas bill
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Landline phone/internet bill.
- 1 (or more) bill/proof of address as from the list below, showing the same address as your driving licence. They must be no more than 90 days old at the start of the hire period
- TV licence
- Bank/credit card statement
- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- Photo ID such as passport if your licence does not have a photo
- DVLA check code (available from DVLA website)
Please note we cannot accept mobile phone bills, any documents relating to insurance or any document which does not meet the criteria set out above.
The hirer/named driver shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred for speeding, parking fines, congestion charges.
6. FUEL, GAS AND DAILY MOTORHOME MAINTENANCE
- The motorhome will be provided with a full tank of diesel.
- The motor home must be returned with a full tank of diesel.
- If the tank is not full upon return a refuelling charge of £20 plus cost of diesel will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Full cost in repairing damage to the engine will be charged to the hirer should the incorrect fuel be used to fill the fuel tank. OUR MOTORHOME RUNS ON DIESEL.
- 2 gas cylinders will be supplied with the motorhome. If gas needs replenished during hire period, the hirer is responsible for the cost of buying any further bottles.
- The hirer is responsible for checking oil/water levels and tyre pressure during the hire period.
- In the event of a breakdown or accident the hirer must contact North Coast Motorhomes immediately.
- North Coast Motorhomes will not be liable for any hotel or replacement vehicle costs incurred due to breakdowns or accidents.
- Our motorhome has breakdown cover. Details can be found in the information folder.
- The hirer may authorise repairs up to the value of £50. These costs will only be reimbursed on production of a valid receipt.
- The hirer must NOT authorise repairs above £50. Please contact North Coast Motorhomes immediately.
Should the motorhome be involved in any accident the hirer must:
- Notify North Coast Motorhomes within 24hrs of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the police
- Complete an accident report form. These can be found in the information folder.
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
- Assist North Coat Motorhomes in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence
- Up to 2 dogs are allowed but must be mentioned at time of booking.
- Dogs are not permitted on the upholstery.
- The hirer must provide their own dog bedding/crates.
- The hirer is responsible for cleaning up dog hairs. An additional charge of £50 will be applied if this is not done.
- The cost of any damage caused by your dogs will be deducted from the security deposit.
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the motorhome. Any evidence of smoking having taken place will result in a charge of £250.
11. MOTORHOME USE
The Motorhome shall not be used:
- Knowingly for any illegal purpose.
- For racing, pace making, reliability trials, speed testing or driver tuition.
- To carry a more than 6 people.
- By any person who has given a fictitious or false name.
- By any person other than the hirer who signed the rental agreement or the named drivers approved by North Coast Motorhomes or by a motor motorhome repairer in the event of an accident or breakdown.
- By any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- For travel to music festivals or unauthorised sports events.
- On unsealed roads other than tracks to campsites, in restricted areas, on beaches or in salt water.
- Take the motorhome outwith the United Kingdom.
- The motorhome is fitted with a tracker and North Coast Motorhomes reserve the right to check the motorhome location at any time during the hire.
- The motorhome must be locked at all times when unattended.
- The hirer is responsible for the keys at all times.
- The hirer is liable for costs involved in replacing keys.
- Duplication of motorhome keys is expressly prohibited.
- Motorhome keys must be handed back to North Coast Motorhomes by the hirer in person
12. COLLECTION AND RETURN
- The motorhome will be available to be collected after 10am.
- Please allow 1 hour for a detailed handover at time of collection.
- The motorhome must be returned before 4pm on agreed hire return date.
- Late return without contacting North Coast Motorhomes before 2pm will result in a late return charge of £50 per hour. Return times are set to allow adequate cleaning time before next hire. Late returns will therefore have a knock on affect on the next hire.
- Please allow 1 hour for a detailed inspection at time of return.
- Refunds will not be given for early return.
- Security deposit will be returned within 7 days after the hire period provided:
- Motorhome is returned on time
- All items on inventory are present
Extra charges that may be deducted from security deposit include:
- Refuelling = £20 plus cost of fuel
- Chemical toilet disposal = £50
- Waste water disposal = £50
- Extra cleaning = £50
- Pet hair removal = £50
- Damage = cost of repair
- Accident = £500 to cover insurance excess
- Windscreen damage = cost of replacement
- Tyre damage = cost of replacement and associated costs
- Smoking = £250
- Late return charge = £50 per hour
13. CUSTOMER’S OWN VEHICLE
The hirer may leave their vehicle on our drive at their own risk.
14. CIRCUMSANCES OUTWITH OUR CONTROL
Every effort is made to ensure that the reserved motorhome, or a suitable replacement, is available. However, if circumstances beyond our control prevent North Coast Motorhomes from honouring a reservation, we will in no way be held responsible and all payments which have been made shall be refunded.
We will not be held responsible for damage caused by inclement weather.
15. CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
North Coast Motorhomes reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. If this happens new documentation will be issued immediately.
North Coast Motorhomes reserve the right to change our prices at any time.
16. ENDING THE AGREEMENT
The hirer acknowledges that North Coast Motorhomes may terminate this agreement and repossess the motorhome at any time, without notification to the hirer, and that the hirer be responsible for any reasonable costs incurred to repossess the motorhome, including towing charges if:
- They are in breach of any term of this agreement
- Have obtained the motorhome through fraud or misrepresentation
- Any statement, representation or warranty made by the hirer in respect to themselves or additional drivers is incorrect
- The motorhome appears to be abandoned
- The motorhome is not returned on the agreed return date or North Coast Motorhomes reasonably believes that the motorhome will not be returned on the agreed return date
North Coast Motorhomes consider on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the motorhome is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession, they have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit
17. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY OF NORTH COAST MOTORHOMES
Subject to its obligation to deliver the motorhome, you release North Coast Motorhomes, its employees and agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you by reason of this agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the motorhome being unsuitable for my purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the motorhome, in any service vehicle or recovered or handled by North Coast Motorhomes
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with North Coast Motorhomes, you hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified North Coast Motorhomes, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the motorhome
18. DATA PROTECTION
Your personal data and information that you have provided to North Coast Motorhomes will be processed for the following purposes:
- To fulfill this contract/agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the hire agreement. Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the hire agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defense of any legal claim(s)
- To fulfill our legal requirements as a vehicle rental company
- We will not transfer your personal data to any third party unless:
- It is to book a third-party service for you including ferry crossing and taxi transfers
- It is for on road vehicle assistance for example vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
- It is to our insurer
- It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/contravention has occurred
- It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
- To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
- It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
- Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
- You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organizations
- It is for feedback on our products and services provided
- You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
o It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
19. GOVERNING LAW
· This Agreement is covered by the laws of Scotland. Any dispute may be settled in the courts of that country.
Revised May 2019